In this compilation from the February 2019 Art of Loving Fiercely intensive in Santa Monica, John introduces the concepts of masculine and feminine transmission and the dynamics of polarity as pathways to shifting your relationship karma. He references the work of Harville Hendrix and his wife Helen LaKelly Hunt who wrote the book, "Getting the Love You Want," and explains that the way through not getting love and affection the way you want most is to give it to your partner through the transmission of your masculine and feminine gifts.
You'll also learn:
- When the masculine transmits awareness and the feminine transmits energy, this creates polarity
- Through deepening your breath and synching it with your feminine partner, you can feel more deeply into her
- Revealing your feminine heart will elevate the consciousness of your masculine partner
- There is a difference between revealing and projecting your emotions
- Adding pleasure to any emotion makes it easier for the masculine nervous system to metabolize
- If she is in her masculine, bring your sacred masculine to evoke her feminine. If he is in his feminine, reveal and express the truth of your heart to evoke his masculine.
- Even if you have a partner who tries to love you well and give you the love you want, you will find a way to make them mirror the wound of your childhood
- It is important that you create containers for your most painful emotions (grief, rage, jealousy, etc.) in order to feel them fully, so that you can deepen your capacity for intimacy
- You can take leadership in your partner's healing
- Filling your partner's body with consciousness allows you to know what your partner wants and needs at any moment
- You can work with energies that you wouldn't normally work with to open the channels that have been kinked for many years. Once these channels are open, the love that wants to come through has space to express.
John emphasizes asking the question, "What does love need?" and bringing energies to your partner in service of that dynamic, which will require more boldness, commitment and intention, and rising above preference. He claims that you can, and must, choose to blast love and compassion on your and your partner's wounds if you wish to shift your relationship karma.
NOTE: When John references "Card 3" in this video series, he is referring to the thing you wanted most as a child and didn't get (i.e. unconditional love, safety, physical affection, approval, etc.)